The Power of Nature
Nature and wilderness experiences are highly effective settings to bring about healing and transformation in the lives of young people. Getting out of the inner-city, and encountering God in His creation has the power to inspire and restore the soul. Most cultures understand the importance of creating rites of passage into adulthood by utilizing outdoor challenges that test and grow character development. Western culture has a serious problem with creation deficit disorders and relational dysfunctions due to the emotional detachment that comes from prolonged use of electronic devices. When young people are given the opportunity to learn strenuous outdoor survival skills in close-knit community, their capacity for self-government improves.
- Get Outside! 7 Scientifically backed health benefits of being in nature
- Childhood Development and Access to Nature
- Being Outside Can Improve Memory, Fight Depression, and lower blood pressure – here are 12 science backed reason to spend more time outdoors
- Why Kids Need to Spend Time in Nature
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Hunting